The Legendry Sea Leopard
- a larger cockpit (now normal people can fit in),
- added height in the cockpit for more knee room(now you can bend them),
and its evolving all the time, new little niceties being added all the time to make it the absolute in sea kayaks for relaxing, touring and the best Aussie made expedition kayak in Au
Strong, very, with up to 7 composite layers in its construction, this is one of the best built kayaks about, built to last, built to take Aussie conditions,
See pics of Bob bouncing in the cockpit with the kayak supported only on the ends, dont try it with some other brands
Unlike many sea kayaks,
- sealed waterproof day hatch,
- 360 g/h electric bilge pump and heavy duty 3.2 ah battery
- 6 ml deck grab rope,
- foredeck shock cord storage/map area,
- a brilliant comfortable hull fitted fibreglass seat,
- low fitted strong plastic rudder and
- easily adjustable steering/foot assembly,
- secure stainless steel “D” nose loop,
- sealed fore and aft high volume storage compartments with strong rubber backed marine vinyl covers( that dont leak),
- rubber sealed to hull bulkheads (to allow flex if going over hard objects, saves cracks in hull),
- two colour deck,
- pre-fitted mast step
- recessed compass placement area,
- recessed tow hook area
- fixed rear skeg,
- Now comes with vented storage compartments,
- pre-fitted socket for night lightpole, ( lights and riser pole available ) and
- discrete hidden steerage cabling in knee area of cockpit (no more irritating cables)
- SPRAYSKIRT incl in “standard package
Custom upgrade/options are:
Forward deck accessible glove box hatch,
comfortable adjustable seat back protector,
- upgrade to 8mm deck grab rope,
- rear deck shock cord storage provision,
- bodyguard deck protectors under above storage areas
- cockpit cover,
- sail, sail bag and cleats,
- easy clip on/off recessed tow hook,
- plus other custom modifications.
- Length: 5820mm
- Width : 540 at reat hatch, (520 at front of cockpit)
- Weight 22kg(bare), plus options/upgrades (standard from 24.5kg to fully equipped at 28 kg)
- Maximum depth at front hatch 270mm
- Maximum depth at back hatch 160mm
- Capacities, over 220 liters, more than most sea kayaks yet decieving looking at it.
- Front hatch 250mm internal diam.
- Rear hatch 295 mm internal diam.
- Deck lines 6mm, 8 mm upgrade option
- Mast step 22mm
- Electric bilge pump, Rule 360,
- Battery, 12v 3.2 Ah(dim. 135l, 65h, 60d, weight 1.38 kg
See Under testimonials for
New very exciting reviews, by Matthew Koerber, Phil Newman (Sept 23rd, 07) and other excited owners
and a review by former VSKC president Peter Treby .
See dimentions and further write up under ” The Original Sea Leopard Seakayak”
See comments below for this video link now.
Hi Bob, You might be interested in putting a link from my recent YouTube video clip featuring Grant Hyland in a Sea Leopard kayak. It shows the seamanship of Grant and the kayak.